A few questions

Seb1313

I started my first campaign a few days ago. It isn't high fantasy but isn't low fantasy so it's kind of in the middle. After the first few sessions I have a few questions. My first question is how important is it for non magic users to keep track of endurance? Another thing that came up that a few of the characters wanted to block attacks directed at them. Do they lose time in their next phase, and can they just continue to block whenever they want to? In the rulebook it just explains when they can and when they have to stop each phase. Thanks in advance for any help or any other advice. :)

Re: A few questions

Blocking:

If it is their phase, and they have not completed their action (either a full phase action or a phase-ending half-phase action), they may declare a block. This is their action for that phase.

If it is their phase, and they have taken an action that ends their phase, they are hosed and may not block.

If it is not their phase, they may abort to block, which costs them their next action phase (the whole phase).

Blocking:

If it is their phase, and they have not completed their action (either a full phase action or a phase-ending half-phase action), they may declare a block. This is their action for that phase.

If it is their phase, and they have taken an action that ends their phase, they are hosed and may not block.

If it is not their phase, they may abort to block, which costs them their next action phase (the whole phase).

And for each additional block up until their next action, is at -2 per attack, cumulative, I believe. This may be optional, I can't quite remember. =)

As for endurance, try to total up the amount of endurance a person could burn in a turn. Compare it to their recovery. If its less than their recovery, skip it. If its more, I'd keep track of at least the standard rate of use with an action every phase and figure out how many turns it would take to deplete it. Then, you only keep track of if you went over or under the usual rate and mark it that way. Saves some time. For those that like to use a lot of held actions and playing around with the segments and such, this will not work as well, but it does for the kind of combatants that just wander around the battlefield and smash things for entire combats. =)

And for each additional block up until their next action, is at -2 per attack, cumulative, I believe. This may be optional, I can't quite remember. =)

I always assumed it was -2 for each block after the first, but I've been wrong before. Our house standard is: first block roll normally, second block -2, third block -4, etc.

I always assumed it was -2 for each block after the first' date=' but I've been wrong before. Our house standard is: first block roll normally, second block -2, third block -4, etc.[/quote']

Ummm... honestly, I thought that was what I said... sorry if my language was confusing. Yes, just as you describe.