Character Post: Ashley

saiyanslayer

WEll, I've been on the boards for a bit, so I figured I might as well post my most frequently played Champions character:

Ashley (Real Name: Alekzandr Khrushchev)

(Previously known as Bloodbath)

Shtick: Martial Artist, Telekinetic, low powered Telepathy, proficient with his energy katars/patas.

Str 14

Dex 29

Con 13

Body 15

Int 18

Ego 20

Pre 16

Com 16

PD/ED 10

SPD 6

REC 16C

END 48

STUN 40

Skills/Perks/Talents

(The one who built his energy blades, and the closest thing he has had to a friend until recently)

Danger Sense (22)

Out of combat, as a sense

Defensive Manuvers 4 (10)

Flying Dodge (5)

Two Weapon Fighting (10)

Rapid Fire (5)

Acrobatics (3)

Concealment (2)

stealth (2)

Streetwise (3)

Simulate Death (3)

Knowledge: Supervillains (3)

HTH +1 (5)

Katar use +3 (9)

Powers

TK Multipower Pool (60 reserve)

u5 Telekinesis 40 str limited to 50m

u6 TK Wall Forcewall 10PD/ED 1" up 4" across

u2 TK Flight Flight 8" half end

u3 TK Shunt Teleport 15" (no rel vel, no pos, mast pass, no end, restrainable)

u4 TK Strength +40 no figured characteristics, no END

u2 Regeneration Healing 2d6, self, once per turn, no end, ressurection

Beam Katars 60 pts (35) (AP, no KnckBack, Half End, OIF, Restrain, vdiff replace)

u4 HTH +12d6 Physical

u4 HTH +12d6 Energy

u3 HTH +6d6 Area centered on self 12"

TK Armour (45) 20 rPD 10 rED

Detect Minds (30) 360 deg, Ranged, Discrim, Targeting

Can use this to target specific individuals, and very few people know of this ability. He creeps people out by knowing they are there without looking.

Mental Defense (7) 19 (costs 3 END per use)

Awakened Speed (5) +2 Speed for 12 END

Disadvantages

DNPC Homeless (Watches out for local homeless)

Hunted INTERPOL (For previous life)

Rep. Really Bloodthirsy 20

Slave V freq, major (obeys Mentalla)

social Limit: outcast/criminal 15

Psycology Limit: Hates Mind Control 10

Doesn't take orders 20

Hunted: World Super Villain group (Cypher)

Owes Phiddipus

Background:

An russian orphan at an early age, he was discovered by Psycor (corporation that specializes in metahuman activities, specifically psychic powers). He was brought in to one of their Asian facilities, where he befriended other children. His captors didn't realize his potential, and left him to work on his physical talents.

When the time was right, he escaped with his friends, and together they lived on the streets in India (lead by Alex). While they lived in poverty, they were happy. When Psycor found them, Alex left himself to be captured so save the rest. Adrian, one of the members of the group, nearly idolized his leader, and set himself to guide the group afterwards. Unfortunately, he was far too self-centered to fare well as a leader.

After being brainwashed, Alex again managed to flee the facility (or so he thought). This time he spent time training in various martial arts centers in India, but never staying long. This was due to the brainwashing, which forged him to become their loyal assassin and troubleshooter. He eventually traveled the world, working as an assassin. He even commissioned his katar gauntlet energy blades to be made from Deadalus. He ruthlessly executed his missions, though a good potion of his assignments were from Psycor and he never though to make sure he got his payment from them.

Eventually, he came across Adrian again, now a leader of Cypher, an underground group of assassins and mercenaries. Bloodbath did not recognize Adrian, and Adrian's worship became rivialry, and then utter hatred for being ignored. After a lengthy time with Adrian, Adrian finally backstabbed Bloodbath by detonating a bomb in the same building Bloodbath was in. Miraciously, he survived and was found by Mentalla (who has known about the group and Bloodbath for some time, and is actually a superhero). She took the opporunity to heal him and alter his thinking, (his mental defenses are so tough, that she could only do so when he was out cold) so that he had to obey her every command, and that he would work towards rebuilding his conscience. This pisses him off to no end.

He was left in Phidippus's care, who is similar to spider-man. He is usually a wise-cracker, but with Ashley (a named chosen by Mentalla to feminize Alex), Phid has had nothing but trouble. Although Ashley is used to ending problems indefinately, Phid has guided him to control himself, and to start developing respect for others and their emotions.

Ashley and Phidippus have been together for about a month now, and Ashley's facial scars have healed themselves after near-death experience with the supervillain named Interface. Ashley spends most of his time patroling the streets for punks, and to provide food for the local homeless population (after they helped him find a VIPER base where some heroes were held captive). He helped save the Champions, yet his attitude and behavior ensures he isn't welcome around them. Personally, he loves harassing Nighthawk, who up to this point was considered antisocial until Ashley showed up. :eg:

Questions? Comments? Accusations?

• 1 year later...

Re: Character Post: Ashley

Uhg, I hate double-posting.

I might as well update Ashley's bio, since I have effectively retired the character (moved away from the group).

After defeating quite the number of villains (including Interface, Grond, that jester Joker-like villain ... man did he get a beating, Haulocast ... beaten twice with a stun damage record that was most likely legendary, a Viper reptile-zombie virus outbreak an the leader of it King Cobra i think) Ashley eventually is found by Adrian, his nemisis. Adrian was strong enough to almost singlehandedly defeat the whole player group. Up to this point, it took GM scripting to have us beaten. There's a lot of stories that could be told of the battles that followed: attacks with 24d6 Armor-peircing, area attacks comparable to tactical nuclear detonations (underground too), super-heavy tables been tossed with the quip "Here's your table sir!". In the end, Adrian was defeated with a combination of Phidippus grappling him and Ashley learning a new trick (the ablility to power drain Telekinetic abilities by using his own to counter them). Ashley eventually started a secret ID: a bad-boy drummer with legendary skills. With Phidippus and Event on guitar, Horizon on keyboard, and the Elven beauty Alagara on vocals, they started a band that overnight was one of the best known. (Dr. Werewolf was their technician... LONG story). This eventually lead to Ashley eventually subbing for Saphire's drummer during a charity event, which jump started his career and a relationship with Saphire.

Can't remember the details, but I'm sure there was a point that Nighthawk was so pissed at Ashley that his psycic aura was blistering as the sun. Wish I could remember the details.