Multiform Point Rules (Clarification)

Thia Halmades

Question

Hey Steve;

We're building a basic "head in a jar with multiple vehicles," and reading the multiform rules, it seems that one could purchase their "base" form as the Spider (for, say, 100 points) and then turn the next 100 points into a 500 point multiform, and then for every additional 5 points, get another, "free" multiform; and this just keeps going and multiplying.

Did I imagine reading a rule that charges the user 1:1 after their own base form total is reached? So if your base form is a total of 100 cp, then you could only devote 20 cp to a multiform before the cost catapulted upwards? Or is my current interpretation: any form can be the base form and any form can have any number of points and there is no interrelation among them, correct?

Or is my answer lurking in my copy of UMM?

1 answer to this question

Re: Multiform Point Rules (Clarification)

Did I imagine reading a rule that charges the user 1:1 after their own base form total is reached? So if your base form is a total of 100 cp, then you could only devote 20 cp to a multiform before the cost catapulted upwards?

There's no such rule for Multiform -- you're thinking of Duplication.

Or is my current interpretation: any form can be the base form and any form can have any number of points and there is no interrelation among them, correct?

In general, yes, though there's a whole lot more that needs to be said about common and dramatic sense, responsible use of the rules, etc. :)