Adjstment Powers

Yes, I'm getting all my 5e Q's out now that I've registered...

In general, I think Adjustment powers got slapped down in 5e as a reaction (or overreaction) to perceived abuses. Looking at some of the issues:

1. I could buy Absorbtion (or Aid) applying half to the stat I wish to raise, and half to Absorption to increase the maximum. This simulates unlimited absorbtion/aid. Why not just allow this as a +1 advantage?

2. Transfer now cannot be used as a drain if max points have been transferred. Why would someone not buy a Drain and a linked Aid? The Aid would also be self only, and limited to points drained. Seems to me that's much cheaper than a Transfer, PLUS you get to use the drain if your aid is maxed out.

3. Regeneration essentially permits unlimited Healing at a cost. If I apply the listed advantages and limitations, I should pay 8 points per die. Instead, I really pay 12 points per die (3 points standard effect instead of 2). That implies, working the math backwards, that "no maximum" is a +1 advantage. Consistent wth Q1, oddly - perhaps this is the same logic used in the design?

4. Seems to me that healing is just a modified form of Aid. Healing allows a permanent recovery of lost points, with the cost of being unable to raise the ability above its starting figure. This implies "permanent recovery" could be an advantage equal to the limitation on "only to starting stat level". A +1 would seem logical (how often are stats drained anyway, such that "only to starting" is useful?) The real problem is persistent aid (or healing) to Stun and/or End. These should be carefully examined in any case, but I question the need to remove the posssibility from the rules (especially given the impact on long-term drains and similar stat removers, which essentially take away a character's character points).