Darkness vs Images

dr. mindslayer

Question

Sorry if this is a repeat. I couldn't find similar in the previous posts.

Say I had an images power I'll build it as

Sight Group, Normal Touch and Normal Hearing Images Increased Size (256" radius; +2), +/-3 to PER Rolls (75 Active Points)

and make an image of a small building.

Now lets say a normal human walked into the building. he would be able to open and shut the door, hear it slam, knock on the wall to see its made of plaster and wood. The walls and doors are opaque, and you cannot see out of the windowless sides.

by all appearances its a normal building, but you cannot see out or from one side to another. doesn't that mimic darkness?

should it be built as darkness instead? but darkness doesn't have the general ability to react to actions, or have the details that images have.

how does this work with the rule that one power shouldn't mimic another?

I don't have any book to refer to, or I'd be reading it to find my answer.

1 answer to this question

Re: Darkness vs Images

I think this is probably something you should post in Discussion, since it seems more like a topic that various people might enjoy talking about than a rules question. But on a rules level, there's no rule that says a Sight Group Images can't block Sight indirectly by putting "something" in its way. If you create a Sight Group Image of a dragon that someone believes, that person can't see through the dragon; he thinks it's real. The same would apply to a building wall or whatever. OTOH, Images does not have the rules effects of Darkness. It doesn't completely block Sight, light, or the like. There's a difference between Darkness (the power) and simply putting something in the way of someone's Sight.