SERch redux redux

Hugh Neilson

Question

I think the question isn't coming through. I'll try to cut to the crux of what I see the actual question being.

Killer Joe buys 1 1/2d6 KA for 25 points. He places the -0 Standard Effect limitation on the 1/2 d6, but not the first 1d6, of the KA. The poster assumes that the Standard Effect will be 3 BOD, so the KA will do 1d6 + 3.

I suggest that the standard effect for a 1/2d6 KA is 2 BOD, not 3 BOD (3 BOD would be standard effect for a full 1d6, so a half die should be lower). Q1: Am I correct that standard effect for 1/2 d6 is 2?

Killer Joe has a 25 STR. Normally, he would add 5 DC to a 1 1/2d6 KA, ending up with 3d6+1. The question here is whether the damage added by STR on a KA with Standard Effect will have a standard effect the same as the base KA, such that Killer Joe would:

(a) add 1d6 + 2, applying the same Standard Effect as the KA was purchased with, ending up with a KA that does 2d6 + 4 BOD

(B) add the same 5 DC he would have before, making the KA 2 1/2d6 + 2 (the two again being standard effect from 1/2d6)

© some other pre-defined result

(d) decide up front how the STR will add to the KA under this unusual construct.

Q2: Which of the above is the by the book result (and if it's ©, what result is the default)

As I write this, I'm also curious

Q3 If a Hand Attack is standard effect, does STR that adds to it become standard effect as well? Presumably, the same logic would apply as to the KA, above.

1 answer to this question