What information should you give players?

Demonsong

What information should you give players?

I ran my regular Super Mercenaries game on Saturday. I got a little disorganized during the big battle and that slowed things down a little, but I see where my problems are and I am taking steps to increase the flow of the battle. All things considered every thing else went well. However something did come up during the battle that left me wondering. An NPC Mentalist of some power has a 7D6 Ego attack, with the Visible Limitation on it. The power is defined has Mind Razors (all so the NPC Name: Mind Razor). Blades of mental energy appear in front of Razor, one blade for each D6 of ego attack, and spinning at insane speed fly thought the victims head causing intense pain, and then disappear. I like it. :) Any way during the early stages of the battle Razor use this power on the groups Martial Artist, Raven. Now Raven had seen what these Razors had done to one of the bricks in the party already said he wanted to Martial Dodge. This is where I think I messed up. I simply told him it was a mental attack and that he couldn’t dodge. I think what I should have done is let him dodge and then have the razors hit him any way (provided of course that Mind Razor made his attack roll). Because Raven had no way of knowing that it was a mental attack. This may seam like a small thing because it didn’t really have an effect on the outcome of the battle. But I think I reduced the whole over flavor of the game and battle a little. Or maybe I am just beating my self up for nothing. As a GM how would you have handled it?