Laser Sight Dot

Nightfly

Question

Every reference or rule regarding laser sights I've seen apply only to RMod, OCV & PRE... shouldn't there be some form of Cosmetic Transfrom from a PC to a PC with a red dot on their person.

Regardless of OCV, RMod or PRE, a PC with a red laser dot on them knows - as does anyone else seeing it - that he's being 'covered' / targeted. (I assume the Cover maneuver comes into play here somehow).

I've never seen this issue covered regarding laser sights... is there a book or Dark Champions (etc) reference I'm missing?

How would you suggest writing such a Cosmetic Transform up?

Thanks Very Much :)

1 answer to this question

Re: Laser Sight Dot

Dark Champions has rules and writeups for laser sights. As for the Cosmetic Transform bit, I think you're taking things too far. When a character with an Energy Blast shoots another character, the target probably ends up with scorch marks and smoke curling up from the point of impact for a few seconds, but the rules don't require a Cosmetic Transform for that. Since there's no combat benefit to anyone else for a laser sight dot, letting other people see it without buying a Cosmetic Transform seems fine to me. ;)