[Character] Megan Grant

Certified

No powerhouse this time. When I did Megan I was thinking about the Deuces from the Wild Cards short stories. Although her powers are slightly more effective than a Wild Card Deuce she's certainly not a fighter.

Megan Grant

Value Char Base Cost Roll Notes

8 STR 10 -2 11- 1 1/2d6 / 75.8kg

10 DEX 10 0 11-

13 CON 10 6 12-

13 BODY 10 6 12-

28 INT 10 18 15- PER Roll 15-

20 EGO 10 20 13-

28 PRE 10 18 15- 5 1/2d6

10 COM 10 0 11-

2 PD 2 0

3 ED 3 0

3 SPD 2.0 10

5 REC 5 0

26 END 26 0

24 STUN 24 0

Movement

Running: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Leaping H: 1 1/2"

Leaping V: 0 1/2" Teleporting: /24"

Basic Combat Stats

BaseOCV: 3 BaseDCV: 3 BaseECV: 7

Adjustments: Adjustments: Adjustments:

Total: Total: Total:

Levels:

Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128

RMod 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

Phases: 4, 8, 12

2 PD (0 rPD) 3 ED (0 rED) 0 MD 0 PwrD

END: 26 STUN: 24 BODY: 13

Skills

5 Acting 16-

3 Bribery 15-

5 Bureaucratics 16-

3 Conversation 15-

3 Forgery 15-

9 Gambling 18-

3 High Society 15-

3 Oratory 15-

3 Persuasion 15-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Dirty Politics (3 Active Points) 15-

2 2) KS: Extortion Rackets (3 Active Points) 15-

2 3) KS: Law (3 Active Points) 15-

2 4) KS: Organized Crime (3 Active Points) 15-

2 5) KS: The Black Market (3 Active Points) 15-

3 SS: Sociology 15-

3 SS: Psychiatry 15-

3 Seduction 15-

Perks

12 Fringe Benefit: Security Clearance, State government leadership position

5 Money: Well Off

9 Reputation: Metahuman Senator (A large group) 14-, +3/+3d6

Powers

18 Telekinesis (10 STR), Fine Manipulation, Line Of Sight (+1/2) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 12

11 Hop: Teleportation 6", Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (22 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1) 6

10 Lucky Break: Luck 2d6 0

Disadvantages

Watched: GEO 14- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching) 25

Psychological Limitation: Perfectionist (Common, Moderate) 10

Psychological Limitation: Stubborn (Common, Strong) 15

Psychological Limitation: Subject to strong media rumors about his moral character (Uncommon, Strong) 10

Social Limitation: Public Identity (Many Enemies) Frequently (11-), Severe 20

Social Limitation: Harmful Secret (Blackmailed) (Frequently, Severe) 20

Character Costs

Characteristics: 76 Martial Arts: 0

Skills: 59 Perks: 26

Talents: 0 Powers: 39

Base Points: 100

Disadvantages: 100

Unspent Exp: 0

Spent Exp: 0

Total: 200

Character Information

Height: 1.79 m Hair: Brown

Weight: 45.00 kg Eyes: Black

Background: Growing up in the politically charged sixties and seventies Megan was torn between worlds. Forced to hide her gifts as a child her parents fought for social equality for all races while shunning the Metahuman population. Megan was present at the rally in 65� where War Eagle attacked those gathered including the retired veteran and Metahuman Moon Dog. Her parents were founding members of Humans Against Altered’s Dictatorships, Megan ran away from home a year later no longer able to deal with her parents public hate of Metahumans and forcing her to hide her talents.

She was gone less than a month before agents of HAAD located her returning Megan to her parents. To avoid conflict she was sent to private schools as her parents moved to Washington consolidating the political power of HAAD. In her years away Megan found herself virtually groomed for office. She was introduced to all the right children, sons and daughters of power while her parents nuzzled in as conservative lobbyists.

In 1988 Megan was elected to the Virginia State Senate. At her confirmation she publicly announced her Metahuman nature and vowed to continue to fight for the values she was elected for and the equal rights of all peoples. Since this time Megan Grant has held public office although in her second term she ran and won as an independent. To date she no longer belongs to any political party.

Personality: Megan is still an idealist who sees the BMA and MCPD just as offensive as hate groups like HAAD. Her years in Congress have jaded Megan to some extent but it has left her with the presence to maneuver and politic with begrudging peers.

Quote: “I don’t have an off the record, please sit down, lets talk.”

Re: [Character] Megan Grant

Repped. I like, may I lift her for my Vibe campaign (thread is People with Powers)? I'm mutating 10% of the Earth's population, but most of them will be even lower-powered--few really useless abilities, though. Megan fits right in except I'll have to bust her down to high-level Congressional staffer for continuity reasons.