Doc Savage Treasure Find

CraterMaker

I wanted to share with you the good news - I was out and about the garage sales in the area this morning with the kids and found a box of Bantam (circ 1963+) Doc Savage Books - 46 in all, in excellent condition, which I bought for ten bucks!

Now, I'll read through them, of course.. But once done, do I put em on the bookshelf or do I take greater pains to preserve them? I really don't know much about old book markets and such, or even if they're worth Moolah (I took a glance around the web and the prices for the bantam books vary from 3 to 15 dollars..)

Anybody have any advice?

Thnx - CraterMaker

Re: Doc Savage Treasure Find

I don't let myself be ruled by what other people think is the value of what I like.

If you read the books, and enjoy them, then let that be the guide to your actions.

Who knows, if you like them well enough, you might pass them along to others who can share your enjoyment. Do hospitals still accept gifts of book collections?

Re: Doc Savage Treasure Find

I don't think I'll be donating these.. I'm sure I'll cherish them. But books of mine usually get read hard, y'know, with dog eared corners and broken spines.. eventually I pass them on to someone I think would like em. But... These books seem like they need to be treated a little more carefully.

Just finished Resurrection Day - Doc Savage has perfected a technique to raise the dead! But he can only do it once (or at least, once every ten years) so he asks America to vote on who will be raised from the dead. Little does he know, the brilliant but evil General Ino has hatched an insidious plan to switch the body to be resurrected! Out of all the villains in history, who has General Ino chosen to further his sinister plans? Que action music...

-CraterMaker