Ranged Martial Arts & Guns

Rapier

Question

I did some digging through the FAQs, p104 of UMA, DC and a couple of other places. Maybe I am just not seeing my answer, but I have a question (DUH! :) ).

First, the basics. BunGunny likes guns. He has a lot of them and has a Ranged Martial Arts package. BG has these two weapons on him:

Colt Detective (.38), +0 OCV, +0 RMod, 1d6k, 1d6-1 STUNx, 6 Shots, 9 STR Min, A/R Cost 15/3

Colt Anaconda (.44M), +0 OCV, +0 RMod, 2d6k, 1d6 STUNx, 6 Shots, 11 STR Min, A/R Cost 37/9

BG also has Offensive Shot (-1 OCV, -1 DCV, +0 Range, +4 DC Strike) in his MA Package.

The first part is pretty straight forward. When using his Offensive Shot with the Detective, he does 2d6+1K damage and 3d6+1K with the Anaconda.

BUT, what if he converts both weapons to AP? The detective drops to 1d6-1K AP and the anaconda drops to 2d6-1K AP.

It's taken a while to get here, but we've almost arrived. :)

Do the +4 DCs from Offensive Shot stack directly onto the AP rounds (moving them to 2d6 and 3d6, respectively) or are the DCs prorated to account for the Advantage?

The Anaconda already had an Advantage (eg +1 STUNx). Would the answer to the above question, in any way, change due to the fact that the base weapon has a pre-existing Advantage?

Thanks!!

1 answer to this question