Meta-Setting Question

mallet

Question

Hi Steve,

this isn't exactly a rules question, but it does apply to the Hero Universe Meta-Setting and I hope you could be of some help (or point me in the direction of a book that has the answers I am looking for).

I am wondering whatever happened to the Gods of the Turakian Age? Are they still around in the present day in one form or another? Did they fade out of existance once the last of their followers passed away? Or did they move on to another plane of existance?

I know the Dark Gods still exist, waiting for their chance/time to return, but what about the other Gods? Is there an "official" answer to this question?

And for a more specific question, If a Priest or Paladin were to travel from the Turakian Age to the present would his abilities with the Requires a Faith roll or Only if surving Gods purpose limitations still work even if those Gods no longer exist?

1 answer to this question

Re: Meta-Setting Question

"Officially," once enough people stop believing in a god, he largely ceases to have divine powers -- or, more accurately, his divine powers weaken to the point that he's more or less like a high-end superhero. He no longer grants any abilities to worshippers, generally speaking. As this happens they usually "leave the stage," retiring to the cosmic equivalent of the rest home, never to be seen again. Naturally, evil gods sometimes find ways to retain their power somehow, and remain active enough to threaten people so that you can use them against adventurers. ;)

Thus (if any Hindus out there will forgive the potential blasphemy), Indra (who's worshipped by millions) has immense divine power; Kilbern (his Turakian equivalent, roughly speaking) has virtually none as of 2007.