Healing clarification question

proditor

Question

The intent: Make something similar to an "Empathy Defender" from City of Heroes.

Question 1: Healing can be purchased with a decreased time interval as per 5er pg 186, but it also talks about the maximum effect from Healing. The question, which trumps the other here? IE: If I have this power - Healing Aura: Healing BODY 1d6, Can Heal Limbs, Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; +1 1/2) (56 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4). Can I use that to conintually heal my allies 1d6 each turn? Or does the maximum effect trump my decreased re-use?

Question 2: What if I use a completely different healing power from the same PC, can this be used in addition to the above aura? Or does the effect clause trump here?

1 answer to this question

Re: Healing clarification question

1. As noted on 5ER 186, top left, under "Repeated Healing," "As a default, a character with Healing can use his Healing on a character he has already Healed one Day (24 hours) after he last applied the Healing. (How the GM lets characters track wounds may affect this; see below.) When he does so, the maximum effect rules (see below) do not apply. The Healing takes effect as if he had not previously applied Healing — the entire effect rolled on the dice, regardless of any previous rolls, Heals the character. Characters can buy an Advantage, Decreased Re-use Duration, to reduce the span of time between uses of Healing (see below)."

2. The rule about how maximum effect applies to two different characters using different Healing powers on the same subject likewise applies to a single character who has multiple Healing powers.