Fallout: A Post Nuclear HERO Game

M Bison

So, has anyone attempted to take the beauty that is Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game and Fallout 2 and make a Post Apocalyptic HERO campaign out of it? I am thinking of doing this and would like some input or ideas.

Basically I would make the party a group of Vault dwellers that are sent out to get the parts necessary to save their vault as their water purification system is on the fritz.

Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear HERO Game

Well, you have to keep the humor. You could probably keep the economic system as is, then just write up the weapons.

There were 2 other games for that series: Fallout tactics, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. I'd recommend trying to find a copy of FO:T somewhere.

And Fallout 3 is coming out early next year(yay).

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

http://www.duckandcover.cx/

I don't remember seeing it, but apparently FO: T had a board game included on a bonus disc. Undoubtedly that would be invaluable to developing a campaign. Good luck!:)

Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear HERO Game

I was not a big fan of Fallout Tactics. It took everything that was fun from Fallout and threw it out.

Also don't expect Fallout 3 early next year. Last I heard it will be closer to 2009.

Most of the weapons and armor are real-life stuff. I would just need to write up the energy weapons and power armor really. Bottle caps as currency are definitely staying in and the dark humor will of course be there.

Fortunately no one in my gaming group has played any of the Fallout games so I am pretty much going to run the first campaign as the original Fallout game. Instead of one vault-dweller it will be a team of 5 sent to find the chip to fix the water-recycling machines.

Actually, the series so far has been:

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel