Noncombat Movement Question

Fedifensor

Question

This question is regarding the Endurance cost of a power with noncombat movement. I posted the following on the HERO Designer discussion board:

Under "Movement Powers" in 5E Revised, in the Endurance section (page 123), it says the following:

"If a character moves at Noncombat velocities, the END cost equals the END he uses to move at Combat velocities - a character with Flight 15" (30 Active Points) and a x8 noncombat move multiple (total of Flight 120") only spends 3 END."

Basically, even though the power listed above would cost 40 active points (going from x2 noncombat to x8 noncombat is a +10 point adder), the example indicates that the adder doesn't figure into the END cost.

Now, I have the following power bought in HD3:

Overdrive: Flight 5", x32 Noncombat, No Turn Mode (+1/4), Rapid Noncombat Movement (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4)

Based on the rule I cited from the book, the power should cost 1 END. Flight 5" with No Turn Mode and Rapid Noncombat Movement would be 15 Active points. However, HD3 is giving an END cost of 4, because it is also counting the noncombat move multiple for purposes of END cost. Am I missing something?

Simon responded:

The rule in the book is correct, but the example is wrong -- the END cost for 15" Flight with x8 NCM is 4, not 3.
Now, I searched through the HERO System Rules FAQ for 5E Revised, and could not find anything addressing this issue. So, to ask directly - is the text I quoted from 5E Revised incorrect?

1 answer to this question