Sinkholes

SteveZilla

Question

Steve, I was thinking about Tunneling w/ Useable As Attack, Ranged, and Explosion as a way to create a "Sinkhole" power. The idea is that the character can cause a sinkhole to open up (form) on the surface, which causes it to dip deeply down in the center, and shallowing with distance from the center.

For example:

Sinkhole: Tunneling 8" though 8 DEF, Useable As Attack, Ranged, Explosion.

120 Active Points

My questions:

1. Is this a valid build & use of Tunneling?

2. Since UAA limits me to affecting 100kg objects, would I have to spend an immemse amount of points to encompass the mass of the Earth? Or would I just target an empty hex?

3. Would the Explosion advantage make it form a concave impression with full depth in the target hex, and 1" less deep each inch away from there?

1 answer to this question

Re: Sinkholes

1, 3. It doesn't violate the rules; whether it's "valid" is up to the GM. ;) How Explosion would apply in this situation is also up to the GM.

2. I think you're raising an unnecessary question by going around your elbow to get to your hand. ;) If all you want to do is create a distinctive geological feature, just use Change Environment with appropriate Power Modifiers and call it a day. That avoids any issues connected with Tunnelling UAA.