Shapeshift clarification followup

Wanderer

Question

Ok, let's try it again...

If a character may Shape Shift (Hearing, Sight, and Touch) his body so that its skin and flesh resemble clothing, but the power cannot affect real clothing and equipment, is this

A) default Shape Shift as the power is normally supposed to work

B) a 0-level Limitation

C) Affects Body Only Limitation

D) Affects Body Only Limitation at -1/4.

The Power can be used to make the body *imitate* clothing (and stuff like jewelry) but nothing except actual flesh and bone is changed. Actual worn clothes and equipment are unaffected. This means the character can appear fully clothed by using the power, but needs to use SS in order to change or remove faux clothing, and will be naked if SS is turned off, drained, or suppressed. Equipment needs to be left behind if one shifts in an ill-fitting form. However, I'm assuming a case where no Foci are involved, and equipment is only useful as it typically occurs in a Superheroic game with innate superpowers (that is, occasionally, not all the time).

I hope my doubt is expressed clearly, now.

1 answer to this question

Re: Shapeshift clarification followup

As stated on 5ER 218, under the Affects Body Only Limitation:

Shape Shift normally affects not just the character’s form, but his clothes, Foci, small items he regularly carries, and so forth. (The GM determines what Shape Shift will and won’t affect, if necessary.) Shape Shift with [Affects Body Only] only affects the character’s actual body; his clothes and equipment remain unchanged.

If that doesn't answer your question, please post another follow-up. ;)