VPP, No Conscious Control

DataPacRat

Mike the Demoness is relatively unfamiliar with what a demoness of her type actually can or can't do. So I'm thinking of adding some version of this to her character sheet proposal:

[17] "I didn't know I could do /that/! ... and I don't know how to do it again, either.": Variable Power Pool. 15 point Pool (20 points). 7 point Control Cost (base 7 points), No Conscious Control (-2), Slightly Limited Class of Powers (demonic abilities/magic, -1/4) (real cost 2)

Do you think throwing in 'Character Has No Choice Regarding How Powers Change' or 'When or How' is reasonable to stack on top of NCC?

How would you say this pool compares to simply keeping the 17 points unspent, to purchase something in-game at an appropriately dramatic moment?

Re: VPP, No Conscious Control

The VPP Only Limitations of "Character Has No Choice..." are essentially the VPP wording of NCC.

The main difference is the "Character Has No Choice..." Limitation is on the VPP only, and once a Power is in a Slot of useable the Character has control over it until the Slot changes - if the GM has their VPP morph to cast Fireball Spells for example while it's set to that the Character can use the Fireball Spell at will.

If you want it truly NCC where the Character can neither control what Powers appear, When they appear and when/how they are activated I'd probably allow the NCC to gain an additional -1. You're essentially giving yourself an entire suite of Powers you don't control.