OKay here's a toughie...

Catseye

Re: OKay here's a toughie...

To me that really depends on whether or not it can be broken out of.

Buying unreasonably large values to effectively disable break-out just tastes wrong to me... worse then EDM. You never know when that sort of dodge might be interfered with by another character... say one with entangle drain...

ER, PI doesn't allow you to affect things affected by your entangle, it just prevents you being entangled. You wouldn't be able to move through any barriers either.

I think the answer here might (MIGHT!) be expensive. There is no reason that a SPD drain should only affect characters.

There is an assumption that objects in motion in Hero actually travel every segment, so, if you were able to drain (or supress) 12 SPD in an area then everything would stop - 12 being the highest that SPD can be.

So...

Suppress 40d6 (standard effect: 120 points), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (25" Radius; +1) (450 Active Points); No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Activation Roll 13- (-3/4), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4)

450 active points, 128 real.

Would you like fries with that?

Slightly more reasonably you could halve the supress dice (to 20!) and reduce speed by 6. Some characters and all objects would continue to move, but at substantially reduced rates, effectively in slo-mo.

I know the power is absolutely gross, but I might allow it depending on what the character did with the rest of their points, and also depending on their disadvantages. I'd probably be looking for a code against killing...

Re: OKay here's a toughie...

Time Stop effects tend to range from the trivial to the almost impossible in most superhero games:

Trivial: If you can't do much to the outside world while its stopped, buts basically a movement power (usually Limited Teleport) and a sensory power (usually Limited Clairvoyance) with a different descriptor (though you sometimes need to address the ability to sit and do intellectual tasks while under it, especially if you can run it for a long time).

Next to Impossible: If you can effect things under it, its not only horrendously complex to express in an effect based system (because it can do so much) its almost certainly overpowered.