More on Summon

Hugh Neilson

Question

Can we have a "Ultimate Summoners" sourcebook? Your answers have written a fair chunk of it already ;)

[by the way, the immediate responses are very much appreciated]

On the subject of when a summoned being departs:

You forgot to cover in your question, and Steve did not address the issue if the Summoned being is forced to “departâ€. If it is killed has it departed? If it is grabbed and carried away, has it departed?

Can you comment on these? Obviously, it can't just be distance that "departs" the Summon, otherwise I can't set a task of "Go forth an bring the stolen Chalice back from the Plane of Elemental Fire", which seems a legitimate task (if needing a very potent Summon).

(B) What if it's mind controlled and retained by the controller? At some point, would he have to buy the summoned being as a follower if he wants to keep it (similar to buying the OAF he took from Gun Man)? That would seem a reasonable point at which the being would have "departed".

1 answer to this question

If it's killed, it's obviously "departed." If it's Mind Controlled (or the like), it depends on how likely it is that the Summoner can regain control of the Summonee. Otherwise I think my answers have covered these issues to the extent it's necessary to cover them. The GM's judgment should suffice if any unusual situations arise. ;)