Pulp Anime Series you should be watching

Kharis2000

"Project Blue Earth SOS"

Take part Jonny Quest, part Sky Captain (the cool planes and pilots part), add some alternate history and an appealing mix of 40's and 50's style technology flavored with some future tech elements, stir in a slice of Batman: The Animated Series (the first season) and Fritz Lang's Metropolis for scenery, and season with some mysterious alien invaders.

ADV INfo site: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6382

Trailer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-12-06/adv-films-posts-project-blue-earth-sos-trailer

Damned good stuff folks. Go look for it now. Go watch it now. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Pulp Anime Series you should be watching

"Project Blue Earth SOS"

Take part Jonny Quest, part Sky Captain (the cool planes and pilots part), add some alternate history and an appealing mix of 40's and 50's style technology flavored with some future tech elements, stir in a slice of Batman: The Animated Series (the first season) and Fritz Lang's Metropolis for scenery, and season with some mysterious alien invaders.

Sounds like one I will watch once it is available and out in the US. I am way behind in my anime collection as it is :D

At least the first disc is available now' date=' since I saw it in the hands of the man that showed the series to me.[/quote']

They have to have all the DVD's out before I buy now.

I'm missing Black Lagoon #3 and Fate/Stay Night #6 and everywhere that supposedly has it actually has it on back order. Like that's going to happen.

I'm missing Black Lagoon #3 and Fate/Stay Night #6 and everywhere that supposedly has it actually has it on back order. Like that's going to happen.

Amazon shows Black Lagoon 3 in stock as well as several used:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Lagoon-Vol-3/dp/B000OYCMLC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1206149526&sr=8-2

Unfortunately, that's not gonna help you much since Pioneer has stopped distributing anime in the states, so there's no telling if or when any other volumes will be coming...

Since it's an OVA, there will just be 6 episodes at this time, but as they're 45 minutes apiece (2 per disc), it works out to about the same length as a standard 13-episode series with all the filler and openings and endings removed.

Discs one and two are availablenow, so I expect that you'll not have to wait long for the third.