Too real?

jkwleisemann

Re: Too real?

It would depend on the group in the question. If the group is something they belong too or believe then I probably wouldn’t unless I know them well enough to know they won’t be offended. The same applies to religions' date=' political outlooks, etc.[/quote']

True.

Re: Too real?

Do individuals have identifiable real-life counterparts who are still alive today?

Are names so thinly-veiled as to leave these real-life counterparts in no doubt?

It's possible, though extremely unlikely, that your game at that point isn't just 'too real', but it may qualify as defamation or hate crime, depending on circumstances.

More to the point, it breaks the metaphor-metaphor-metaphor maxim.

Things are more true the more fictional they are, and reveal more about reality when they're less like particular real situations.

But, what about if you want to pull a Law and Order and "rip from the headlines"?

What?

I'm so sorry :o