Dark City

Wyrm Ouroboros

New campaign at Hero Central: Dark City.

No, not the movie.

Dark City takes aspects of Champions, Dark Champions, Cyber Hero, and a touch of Star Hero, mixes them together, and kicks out something that's all its own. (Okay, so I'm touting myself, here.)

The year is 2281. Corporations run the world, and yet national and cultural identity is as important as ever. The Solar System is being colonized and harvested, for mankind is hungrier than ever for resources.

The Dark City runs from Boston to DC and beyond, and includes New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and all of Connecticut and Rhode Island. In the Dark City, there is no green zone larger than perhaps ten square miles; there are few buildings smaller than three stories.

Crime, at both blue- and white-collar levels, is an all-time high, ubiquitous and rampant. Gang activity is significant; it is difficult to tell where the local governments end and organized crime begins. Corporate security has extensive leeway in actions taken on corporate grounds.

Characters will be part-time heros, part-time mercenaries -- corporate espionage for pay. Code Vs. Killing not necessary; Casual Killer not recommended. Killing on the part of the PCs MAY happen, but deliberate murder is frowned upon. (Unless you're hired for it...) Killing sprees will get you into all sorts of hot water.

Characters should be built with Dark Champions in mind; build on 300 points (150 base/150 disad). Cyberware (including a fully-immersive Internet) is in significant use, as are other biotic implants. Psychic ('mutant') powers have been genetically unlocked. Magnetic-bottle technology is in the forefront, with 'blasters' and 'lightsabers' in existence, if expensive. (All plasma weapons must be either x2 AP, x2 Penetrating, or AVLD (+3/4) Does Body (+1).) Group points will be available for group gear, contacts, etc. Contacts, Streetwise, and CKs strongly recommended.

Restrictions:

EDM: Matrix use only. (Special rules here.)

Duplication: Matrix use only.

Multiform: 'Alternate Armors' only.

No Megascale.

No self-powered movement above 150 mph.

Max Dex: 25.

Max DC: 12.

Max Defenses: 20/12r

Max AP: 90-100.

Applicants MUST submit character sheet/file. HDv.3 is preferred, but if you have to put it together in Word or Excel, stuff it into your HC file folder and give me a link. Combat/Power characters with few points put into non-combat skills will be refused. Characters with little to no background are likely to be refused; I want people who write well, who imagine well, and who RP proactively.

More information as I create it.