Armour and Natural Resistant PD with Suppression

Bolon

Question

I would like to have a power to suppress armour PD. With some creatures, their armour PD is natural pd bought resistant. Can a suppress be used to suppress just PD of any kind? I have bought as a multipower for each I can think of but wonder if there are definitive types. I have PD of force field, force wall, natural PD and armour. Do I need modifier to remove resistant or do I just remove at 2 for 3 pts of suppress? Do I need to have one separate for natural PD versus armor? I would then assume that this can be used in cases of ED or Power Defense or Mental Defense. Would this be more of a how to? I originally used the "any special effect" modifier. Just for information, it is for a character in Galactic Champions, who slowly wears you down in a fight but dropping your defenses as you fight him. Damage reduction and suppressions linked to Hand to Hand Attacks are his main powers.

Bolon

1 answer to this question

Re: Armour and Natural Resistant PD with Suppression

Can a suppress be used to suppress just PD of any kind?

Generally speaking, no — you have to define what an Adjustment Power adjusts (be it PD, SPD, Force Field, Energy Blast, or whatever). However, the Variable Effect Advantage described on 5ER 111-112 lets you expand the number of things that can be affected at once. For a +1 Advantage, a Suppress can affect four related powers/abilities at once. With the GM’s permission, you could define those as PD, PD Armor, PD Force Fields, and PD Force Walls.