A "Thank You" to all contributors (UK Student Nationals Con Game)

Bismark

Last weekend I was GMing (as was Shadowsoul) at the UK Student RPG/Wargaming National Championships.

The same scenario (in the case of my game my Valdorian Age 'find and loot the lost city' scenario) was run for 2 different groups, 1 group per day.

Happily, both games went very well, although the approach of each group was radically different (the second group actually made friends with the mountain tribesmen who were supposed to be one of the main adversaries).

My attempt to make the character sheets less intimidating than normal (by spreading them over 3 sheets and colour-coding the information [red for combat info, blue for magic-related info and black for everything else]) seemed to work very well.

The players adapted to the system with no problems at all (including the 10 [out of 12] players who had never played HERO before). 2 had played CHAMPIONS in the past, so they were on board pretty quickly, and one of the 'never played HERO' people plays Star Fleet Battles regularly, so NOTHING will scare that guy :D.

One of the players (who won the top prize in the category, actually) had played in my Sci-Fi game at the last Nationals I was involved in (2006), and bought a copy of FRED back then as a result (:))

Thanks to everyone who suggested extra 'bits' for (or cutting bits from) my original scenario. A big :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: all round!