Quecksilber

Dr Archeville

Concept: Super-smart heroic (though slightly mad) German engineer/inventor (akin to Reed Richards) suffers severe trauma to his body in a massive super-battle. His teammates rush him to the nearest hospital for treatment. While there his own secret squad of droids break in and, calculating that the medical facilities at the hospital aren't up to the task, 'kidnap' him and take him to a secret laboratory facility he'd set up (secret even from his teammates) and begin work, in part by using advanced medical nanites. Teammates think some nefarious villain has kidnapped their ally while he was vulnerable, go after the droids, a Classic Battle of Misunderstanding ensues; they eventually realize their mistake, but by then it's too late, and he's flatlined. They try to resuscitate him, nothing works. They take the body for a proper heroic burial, but before the body gets tot he autopsy table, the nanites burst out of his body and coalesce into a humanoid form, and rampage about. Teammates eventually stop it, then realize that the nanomorph was made up of the medical nanites which had scanned and absorbed the inventor's brain, but not all of it, and what it had scanned had become corrupted/fragmented. They help it 'defragment,' and he's back to being sane and rational, but is far less intelligent than he had been (INT 15 as opposed to INT 33, and many of his skills are completely gone). He knows he used to be far smarter than he is, remembers being able to do so much more, and this irritates him greatly (sometimes even enrages him), but he tries not to let it get in the way of doing the Good and Heroic thing. (Quecksilber = German for "quicksilver".)

For the attributes and powers, I'm basing it heavily on both Morph and the Nanometal Robot (both from Ultimate Metamorph), though with some tech-head type skills. What I'm stuck on, though, are the Disadvantages, particularly the "has large gaps in his personal memory" and "frustrated by what he can no longer do" things.

Re: Quecksilber

What I'm stuck on' date=' though, are the Disadvantages, particularly the "has large gaps in his personal memory" and "frustrated by what he can no longer do" things.[/quote']

Physical Limitation, memory lacunae and Enrage when misses an INT roll?

Re: Quecksilber

Okay, I know what silber is but what or who is a Queck?

Queck means living, so Quecksilber is literally living silver???

Quecksilber = German for "quicksilver" (bka Mercury). Though the symbol for Mercury, Hg, is from the Latinized Greek hydrargyrum, meaning watery silver or liquid silver. And "living silver" works well, too ;)

Physical Limitation' date=' memory lacunae and Enrage when misses an INT roll?[/quote']

Lacunae? *flips through dicitonary* Ah, "gap"! Yes, that's what I'd want, but am having trouble figuring out how much it'd cost (I've not played HERO much).

I do like the Enraged when misses an INT roll!