need help with Rich Gates, Macrosoft Corp

dugfromthearth

Champions player since 1st edition but I've been playing other games for years (mostly CoH online). Living in Seattle, I want to run an adventure in a city themed with the tech community and need help figuring out the NPC's.

The city is Sal Tasoras (Salt Treasure) a city on a penninsula of rock sticking out into a salt flats in the desert of central California (Crystal Valley). Since Rich Gates became a multi-billionaire with his Gates OS, he has diversified into weapons, cybernetics, genetic manipulation, pharmaceuticals (human growth hormone, steroids, etc) and telecommunications. Each division created its own superhero to show off its technology.

Longhorn - genetically engineered with bull genes, tough, strong, horns

Macrosoft Blob - pharmaceuticals

more tbd

On the salt flats are primitive and tech gangs in a perpetual Burning Man festival. They are led by The Emperor - a genetically engineered penguin.

Firefox - 250pt, cybernetics. Has blowtorches for fingeres (RKA, no range, reduced penetration) - essentially super agents, there are many gang members with the Firefox modifications.

Thunderbird - 250pt, cybernetics. Broadcast low frequency sound waves (subwoofer) that cause some effect. Use electric powers

Gnome - 250pt, genetic altered. Tunnel into the salt

Gnu - 250pt genetically altered. Attack with horns

Lynx - 250pt generically altered. Attack with claws

The Colonel - 450pt villain. The Emperor's right hand man. Superfast. Entangles by creating new threads.

Re: need help with Rich Gates, Macrosoft Corp

First off, welcome back. :thumbup:

Second, a hello from one 1st edition player to another. :)

Thirdly, I enjoy your Rich Gates with Gates OS parody. :rofl:

Now, regarding your request, I'm a little fuzzy on things. Are the NPC's going to be villains, heroes or just peope to run into? Are they simply supers working for a corporation with the goal to make money, the corporation have evil goals or does the corporation have honorable goals?

Did you want help specifically with these NPC's or with these and other npcs (including normals)? Btw, the Emperor is mentioned but we know nothing about him.

I guess I need to know a little more of what the campaign is like. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Re: need help with Rich Gates, Macrosoft Corp

sorry for being so vague.

My intent is to create the city with the conflict between the superheroes who represent the corporation and the villains under The Emperor. The players will be non-aligned superheroes.

I haven't decided on whether the Gates Corporation is really evil and the players then have to eventually ally with The Emperor to defeat it, or if the corporation is just a corporation being attacked by villains scum.

I do plan on having the corporation superheroes have "diplomactic immunity" to represent the corporation lawyers bailing them out of anything.

What I want help with is figuring out the NPC's. Mostly what powers they should have. I've been away from hero for so long that I am having very bland thoughts of energy blast, strength, and armor. I'd like the NPCs to have more flair. Duplication, summoned allies, drains, aids, that sort of thing. Really make them supers rather than just guys in armor with claws.