Absorption to an Endurance Reserve

Kirby

Hey guys,

In the online game I run, one of my players has Absorption (only vs Electricity) that goes to his Endurance Reserve. For the first time in the game, he was hit by an electrical attack.

The 12d6 attack did 10 Body 35 Stun. The PC has 32 ED + 18 only versus Electricity (Absorption Advantage), so he took no damage.

Prior to being hit, the PC has 7/100 End left. The phase he was hit he spent 2 END for his Force Field which brings him down to 5/100, but he says he gained back 3 from the Absorption giving him 8/100. To me, that seems low. My only guess (now that I've typed it here) is that he's doing 35 Stun - 32 Defenses = 3 Absorbed.

My thoughts are that he took no damage and absorbed 10 character points which transfers into END for his END reserve. So, if this is correct, do those 10 character points transfer to 20 End for his reserve (since that's how END works) or would it transfer as 100 points (filling him back up) (since End Reserve is 1 CP = 10 Points), or something else?

How would you rule on this?

Re: Absorption to an Endurance Reserve

How many dice of Absorption does he have and what did he roll on his Absorption dice? That tells you how much Body he can absorb in a given Segment. Absorption is calculated before Defenses to determine how much damage is taken and how much BODY is absorbed.

Absorption gives you 1 point Character Point per BODY Absorbed. So Absorbing the entire 10 BODY attack would net him 100 END into his Reserve.

It is a two step calculations.

First, look at the body from the attack (10) which is absorbed (assuming he rolled a sufficiently high number on his absorption). It is brought into his END Bat at the rate of END (2:1) not at the END Bat purchase rate (10:1). This absorption has no impact on the damage.

Second, look at the damage including the additional defense only v. Electricity. 35 v. 40, no damage.

That is how I understand that it works based on an old character I had. Hope that helps.

Absorption gives you 1 point Character Point per BODY Absorbed. So Absorbing the entire 10 BODY attack would net him 100 END into his Reserve.

I think someone should check this in the book or FAQ as my memory was that it was at the END, not END BAT price. Conceptually that interpretation makes sense as it treats END and END BAT as equivalents.

That's what I was thinking' date=' 1 point absorbed = 10 points into the End Reserve. As for the Absorption, he has Standard Effect of 18, so the 10 is no problem.[/quote']

Not quite. Every 1 point absorbed is 2 END into the Reserve just like normal END.

Page 159 under END Reserve: If a character uses an Adjustment Power to increase or decrease the END in an END Reserve, treat the END like normal END which costs 2 END for 1 character point

Not quite. Every 1 point absorbed is 2 END into the Reserve just like normal END.

Page 159 under END Reserve: If a character uses an Adjustment Power to increase or decrease the END in an END Reserve, treat the END like normal END which costs 2 END for 1 character point

I stand corrected :o