Martial Arts w/ Weapons built as advantaged powers

Kenn

Under 4th edition, there was a rule about DCs from martial arts and killing attacks not adding as quickly. I don't remember if that rule is still in force in FREd. And I haven't been able to kind it in FREd or UMA.

- Say an energy sword is built as a 1d6+1 HKA, Armour Piercing(+1/2), +2 Stun Multiplier(+2/4) @ 0 END(+1/2), OAF(-1), no knockback(-1/4) (50 act. pts.; 22 real pts.) It has no STR minimum.

- Say the swordsman wielding the sword has a 20 STR, and he has a set of fencing martial arts that include a Thrust that's strike +2 DC and a Slash that's a strike +4 DC.

By my calculations, if he adds his STR to his sword strike, he would be doing 2d6, armour piercing, +2 STUN mult. (essentially adding 1/2d6 with the +1 total worth of advantages).

1) Would the +2 DC from his Thrust maneuver be enough to increase the damage to 2d6+1 (plus common advantages) or not? Under fourth I don't think it would have been.

2) Similarly would the +4 DC from his Slash be enough to increase the damage to 2.5d6 (plus common advantages) - the energy sword's maximum?

3) The swordsman takes on a protégée who has a 30 STR. She would be doing 2d6+1 (plus common) with her basic strike with her identical sword. Would she reach the weapon's maximum when she learns the Thrust move or when she learns the Slash move?

Thanks.

Re: Martial Arts w/ Weapons built as advantaged powers

Adding Damage is 5ER p403-409

DCs = Damage Classes, a 1D6+1 Killing Attack is 4 Damage Classes.

His attacks breakdown thusly:

Sword + STR = 1D6+1KA (4DCs) + 20STR (2DCs prorated for Advantages) = 6DCs/2D6 Killing Damage

Sword + STR + Thrust = 4DCs + 2DCs + 1DC (MAs add at 1/2 the rate to KAs) = 7DCs/2D6+1 Killing Damage

Sword + STR + Slash = 4DCs + 2DCs + 2DCs = 8DCs/2 1/2D6 Killing Damage. (this is also Maximum Damage that can be obtained with the sword).

The apprentice, 30STR = 3Damage Classes accounting for +1 wroth of Advantages.

Sword + STR = 4DCs + 3DCs = 7DCs/2D6+1 Killing Damage.

Sword + STR + Thrust = 4DCs + 3DCs + 1DC = 8DCs/2 1/2D6 Killing Damage (this is maximum Damage of the sword)

Sword + STR + Slash = 4DCs + 3DCs + 2DCs = 8DCs/2 1/2D6 Killing Damage because the swords damage can never be more than doubled.

When I add damage I convert everything into Damage Classes, add it up, then convert back to the attack damage.