Tekkaman/Teknoman

Diamond_J

I've "mostly" built Tekkaman Blade for Champions. I think I've done fairly well. As of so far I've designed his Tekno-Lance as a power framework; all OAF powers since many of his attacks stem from this weapon.

There's only a few of details I'd like some suggestions with: When Blade throws his lance it's tethered by an energy cord. I can't remember, does the cord damage/slice what it touches? If so how would you build that? The logistics of both the tether and the thrown lance each applying damage in different ways is complex.

Secoundly, Teknoman has a rush or boost mode where he charges up with energy then performs what I would call move-by's destroying or damaging all he touches. Is this as simple as a damage shield? I'm not so certain.

Yes, I've built his Tekno-rangs, and no I did not use autofire to do so.

aaaaannnnd go.

Re: Tekkaman/Teknoman

It's been awhile since I've seen this but I'll give it a shot. Regarding Blade, it's simply a large attack that does alot of damage. I don't recall the cord doing damage though. The lance hitting multiple targets can be bought for example as a RKA, Area Effect with Selective on it (or an EB depending on your flavor).

The 'charge-up' can be bought as a RKA, Area Effect line, with the limitation must do move-thru to represent that after the attack he is not in the same place. I'm sure it can bought differently but that's the first thought that popped out of my head. If you buy it as a damage shield when he does a move-thru, I'm sure that the combination damage of the move-thru damage + the damage shield should do quite nicely, damage-wise.

I hope that helps.

It's been awhile since I've seen this but I'll give it a shot. Regarding Blade' date=' it's simply a large attack that does alot of damage. I don't recall the cord doing damage though. The lance hitting multiple targets can be bought for example as a [i']RKA, Area Effect with Selective[/i] on it (or an EB depending on your flavor).

The 'charge-up' can be bought as a RKA, Area Effect line, with the limitation must do move-thru to represent that after the attack he is not in the same place. I'm sure it can bought differently but that's the first thought that popped out of my head. If you buy it as a damage shield when he does a move-thru, I'm sure that the combination damage of the move-thru damage + the damage shield should do quite nicely, damage-wise.

I hope that helps.

Then the tether is just an "effect" for why the lance returns to his hand, OK. That makes the build much simpler. I'd go over my DVD's again but I lent them to a friend and haven't seen the DVD's nor the friend in some time. Anouther friend of mine is supposed to get them back from this guy.

Does he (Teknoman) sometimes slice through more then one spider crab with his thrown lance? I thought he only did that with the Techno-rangs.

Interesting perspective on the Charge up power. An AOF line is only straight he turns corners during the attack though.

As for the damage shield under the rules it only adds to hand to hand damage with a (+1/4) advantage. Would you say he should have this perhaps with a boost to speed linked and/or concentration as a limitation?

Then the tether is just an "effect" for why the lance returns to his hand, OK. That makes the build much simpler. I'd go over my DVD's again but I lent them to a friend and haven't seen the DVD's nor the friend in some time. Anouther friend of mine is supposed to get them back from this guy.

Does he (Teknoman) sometimes slice through more then one spider crab with his thrown lance? I thought he only did that with the Techno-rangs.

Interesting perspective on the Charge up power. An AOF line is only straight he turns corners during the attack though.

As for the damage shield under the rules it only adds to hand to hand damage with a (+1/4) advantage. Would you say he should have this perhaps with a boost to speed linked and/or concentration as a limitation?

I seem to recall that he sliced through more than one spider crab but generally it was one. You could simply contribute that to the storywriters.

I agree that it's a line so I'm thinking on that one.

If you have HTH damage that adds to his strength, then of course the HTH damage would add because it's adding to his Str when he does a move-thru. I would say the limitation is more of a one-phase delay. Concentration may not be a bad suggestion.

I seem to recall that he sliced through more than one spider crab but generally it was one. You could simply contribute that to the storywriters.

I think that's a good idea otherwise his thrown lance will resemble his teknorangs. Striking more then one Spider-Crab at a time could also be a rare example of the Rapid-Fire combat maneuver (A flourishment by the GM if you will)

I agree that it's a line so I'm thinking on that one.

I seem to recall Teknoman toeing the blue earth with the same line. On more then one occasion he used the energy line to retrieve his Tek-lancer when he was disarmed (much like Indiana Jones' and his whip).

If you have HTH damage that adds to his strength, then of course the HTH damage would add because it's adding to his Str when he does a move-thru. I would say the limitation is more of a one-phase delay. Concentration may not be a bad suggestion.

Time limitation one-exta segment (one-phase delay) is very workable, hmmm; perhaps coupled with a limitation, only with moveby. What would that be worth? When in doubt (-1/2). The idea, of course is that it can't be too useful or he'd activate it all the time, especially against other Tekamen. This is something I don't recall Blade/Slade/Nick Carter/Ness Carter/Teknoman/Tekkaman/D-Boy/Slash, Slash, ever doing...SLASH!

Did you forget his most powerful attack, I think they were shoulder cannons? Those could near disintegrate anything and those he actually used on one of the others once - wiping him out.

You realize curious people like me would like to see his stats once you're done. ;)

Did you forget his most powerful attack, I think they were shoulder cannons? Those could near disintegrate anything and those he actually used on one of the others once - wiping him out.

You realize curious people like me would like to see his stats once you're done. ;)

The shoulder cannons are called Vol-tekker reactor cannons in Japan and Tekno Blasters in the Canadian/American release. Blade's brother survived a direct blast from them at one point though barely. Anyone or anything else he shot was disintegrated.

Thanks for the help. I'll post his stats within a few days. Tekkaman is back home, I'm on someone else's computer at the moment.