The Cat Without A Name

Egyptoid

Re: The Cat Without A Name

I haven't run The Cat WithOut A Name for about 15 years and no longer have the character sheet. I call him TCWOAN because the other PCs only ever referred to him as "the cat" (examples: "The cat wants out!", "How the @#%$ did the cat get out by himself!?!", "Larry, give the cat some tuna.", etc.) I'll describe him as best I can and anyone who wants to is welcome to write him up. Originally, he was a 250-point character, but that was Fourth Edition.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27814&stc=1&d=1210390920

The Cat without a name looks like the picture above. He has all the powers of a cat, but has superior distance vision, the strength and intelligence of a human, and is extraordinarily durable. He has high defenses, and is resistant to anything less than a high-caliber pistol shot (.44 magnum, .45 ACP, etc.) He can understand several languages in both spoken and written forms, but isn't yet able to make recognizeable speech sounds. He can, with some effort, type out words and phrases on the computer, but his paws are significantly larger than the keys so there are lots of typoes. His main power is a fully invisible Ego attack (defined as the ability to induce a form of narcolepsy in his victims). It's big enough to stun or K-O most normals in one shot, but it can take some time to take down a superpowered opponent. His primary tactic is to let his "servants" (the superteam that adopted him) tackle the bad-guys up close while he sits back and puts them into a coma. Out of combat he acted as something of an advance scout. Because he looks like an ordinary cat, he can sometimes infiltrate places by simply walking inside when someone goes through the door.

TCWOAN had gained a slight reputation with his team-mates of being at least "Lassie smart". They hadn't yet made a connection between the cat and the occasional clues that would sometimes appear on their computer display (full of typoes). They were trying to determine if their computer was either haunted or developing self-awareness.