Salem, Oregon Area Gamers

CTaylor

Re: Salem, Oregon Area Gamers

Zeropoint is in Salem, IIRC.

I gamed with at least three Hero groups when I lived in Salem, one of which was yours. I think some of the GAS crowd are still there and gaming together; I gamed with them a few times around that same time frame (early-mid 90's). I don't have contact info for any of them but at least one or two are in the phone book.

Do any of the game stores down there have player locators?

There was a time . . .

. . .when I gamed frequently. Then came the wife, kids, et cetera. I'm in Albany, and I'm getting the itch to play again.

FH has been my game of choice since the very beginning. I was the first in my dorm 25-or-so years ago with Champions (1e). And I have the original FH book around here somewhere. But it has been about ten years since I've played anything regularly.

Only one or two game stores left' date=' really. Borderlands is pretty big but I don't think they have anything like that, their website has been "under construction" like 8 years now.[/quote']

Low tech, even. :D Trump's Hobbies in Corvallis used to have a three-ring notebook with pieces of paper in which you could write down your "looking for gamers" spiel plus contact info. I've been to some stores that have a bulletin board as well. You might at least give them a call and see if they have something like that.

Yeah i can check next time. I remember you in our games Chris, you were a good player, too bad it's a bit of a commute these days :) With the price of gas you can't expect guys to drive as far as they used to even once every two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Goodwin has an Oregon Hero gamer Yahoo group, it started out great then sort of went silent. The link is above on his posts: Oregon Heroes.

I'm going to try running an intro to Fantasy Hero game at Borderlands downtown to see if I can't meet some new players, get more people trying Fantasy Hero, and perhaps help Hero sell a few books.

I'm going to try running an intro to Fantasy Hero game at Borderlands downtown to see if I can't meet some new players, get more people trying Fantasy Hero, and perhaps help Hero sell a few books.

Let me know when it's going down, and I'm in!

The first game is planned for 1st of July, I'm shooting for Tuesday nights. There's an ad up there now in their gaming room for when and how it will work. I'll be mostly working with new players, but vets are always welcome just to help people make new characters and guide people along.

Yeah I'll have to put updates in here how it goes and what happens, thoughts on how the games go and what reactions from players are.