Absorption Thoughts? Opinions?

Tclynch

I've been looking at powers in the Hero System core rules and I was reading the absorption power

Acording to the description, Absorption takes damage done in combat and acts sort of like Aid in that it can be directed to a characteristic such as strength, PD and so on. It didn't mention it, and I don't know enough about it to make an educated guess, but could you direct these points into the END Pool of a multipower construct? I know that the benefit would fade at 5 points a turn, unless you buy a slower fade rate, but I also understand that those points are the first used in a situation such as STUN or END and if they are used before they fade, they are effectively gone and can't fade.

So, the ultimate question is, could Absorption be used to bolster an END pool? For example, if the END pool is at 88 out of 100 and you send 12 points of absorbed damage into the END pool, would it jump back to 100, then fade to 95 on segment 12 and so on, or until used?

Did I make any sense? The reason that I'm asking is that I'm building a cleric just for the heck of it; to see if I can and how difficult it is to build spells and this one seemed like a possibility. I thought about an absorption that went into REC, giving the character a higher recovery of STUN and END, but multipowers use an END pool, so it would really only help stun.

This is from a friend of mine and I was curious at others reaction and opinions, as is he.

Re: Absorption Thoughts? Opinions?

I've been looking at powers in the Hero System core rules and I was reading the absorption power

Acording to the description, Absorption takes damage done in combat and acts sort of like Aid in that it can be directed to a characteristic such as strength, PD and so on. It didn't mention it, and I don't know enough about it to make an educated guess, but could you direct these points into the END Pool of a multipower construct? I know that the benefit would fade at 5 points a turn, unless you buy a slower fade rate, but I also understand that those points are the first used in a situation such as STUN or END and if they are used before they fade, they are effectively gone and can't fade.

So, the ultimate question is, could Absorption be used to bolster an END pool? For example, if the END pool is at 88 out of 100 and you send 12 points of absorbed damage into the END pool, would it jump back to 100, then fade to 95 on segment 12 and so on, or until used?

Did I make any sense? The reason that I'm asking is that I'm building a cleric just for the heck of it; to see if I can and how difficult it is to build spells and this one seemed like a possibility. I thought about an absorption that went into REC, giving the character a higher recovery of STUN and END, but multipowers use an END pool, so it would really only help stun.

This is from a friend of mine and I was curious at others reaction and opinions, as is he.

Yes, Absorption can be used to bolster an END Reserve, but note that Adjustment Powers work on the Reserve at the normal 2:1 point ratio of END, not the 10:1 ratio.

Chec the FAQ

Notably:

Can an Adjustment Power that affects END affect the END of an Endurance Reserve automatically, or is some sort of Advantage or specified special effect required?

Yes, it can automatically affect a Reserve’s END unless the GM rules otherwise. Special effects are definitely a consideration here, though. Note the special rules on 5ER 158.

The rules on 5ER 159 note that Adjustment Powers affect an Endurance Reserve’s END or REC at the standard cost for those Characteristics, not the Endurance Reserve cheaper cost. Do the effects of Adjustment Powers used on an Endurance Reserve fade at the same (standard) rate, or at the much cheaper (and thus faster) rate indicated by the cost of Endurance Reserve?

Adjustment Powers used either positively or negatively to Adjust an Endurance Reserve fade at the standard rate. For example, if a Drain END removes 15 Character Points’ worth of END (30 END) from a Reserve, those points return at the rate of 5 Character Points (10 END) per Turn — not the 1-for-10 cost of END in an Endurance Reserve.

Re: Absorption Thoughts? Opinions?

In the game we're running, MPs must use an END Reserve. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your input! :)

Note that this isn't correct; MP's _can_ use an END Reserve' date=' but _they don't have to_ and don't by default.[/quote']