Multitarget Abilities

Memona

Re: Multitarget Abilities

1) Each ray set cannot be used during the same turn. If one eye is already being used it cannot switch to a different target.

Why have multiple pools? If a given power can be used but once' date=' and the beast cannot hit any given target more than once, then how does this differ from a single Multipower?[/quote']

One cannot make multiple attacks out of any Framework. Page 358.

It's a shame that I can't do this as RAW, it would make things much easier. I guess it does keep the balance-game a little more even spread.

Could you please tell me which page that is in the original Fifth Edition? I do not have the revised version.

Or, perchance, quote the relevent section?

In the original Fifth Edition, there is no restriction (that I can find) on the number of attacks that can be made from a single Framework. Thus, unless the revision differs in this regard, there is nothing gained by having four Multipowers.

Could you please tell me which page that is in the original Fifth Edition? I do not have the revised version.

Or, perchance, quote the relevent section?

In the original Fifth Edition, there is no restriction (that I can find) on the number of attacks that can be made from a single Framework. Thus, unless the revision differs in this regard, there is nothing gained by having four Multipowers.

I believe it was one of the changes to the rules. It is only in Revised' date=' to my knowledge.[/quote']

It was a change in 5er. 5e clearly states that you can't use multiple powers from a single EC. 5er moves that restriction to all frameworks. Hopefully, 6e goes to "if you can use the powers all at once, then they can MPA".

Although I would also support a "total AP MPA'd from a VPP cannot exceed the VPP pool" caveat.

Another way to go might be to use Followers. Write up each Eye Stalk as a Follower with its own DEX / SPD & Attack Power (or MP). This also has the bonus effect of allowing the players to attack each eye stalk, disabling them one at a time. I'd actually like to see this monster once you get it up and running. :)

Just out of curiosity, how are you getting him to be able to MPA different targets on a single attack?

To answer your question: yes, you should have 10/9/8/7 slots. Also, I would say that the first should have no limitation at all, and the 2nd-4th should have -1 for "cannot fire at the same target as any other MP" and -1/4 for "cannot use the same power as any other MP".