Aki Nakamura, superhero receptionist & more

Mark Rand

The team base is like Dr. Strange's house in that it's a mystical place. The inside, however, is like Halliwell Manor. Here is the URL for the plans: Halliwell Manor Blueprints

When people enter through the front door, they pass between decorative columns and are greeted by team receptionist Aki Nakamura. She's pleasant, calm, and efficient. Additionally, she wears a navy skirt-suit (with vest), navy pumps, a white blouse, and white gloves. On the few times she's removed her gloves, people have noticed that the skin on her hands has several shades. Like all staffers, Aki wears lightweight body armor and a hands-free communicator and carries a pistol.

The side room, which is just off the front hall, appears to be her office.

Appearances can be deceiving.

The columns contain sensors and both stun and entangle weapons that Aki's mind is linked to. In addition to her pistol, Aki carries a number of other weapons and is highly skilled in armed and unarmed combat. She has several unexpected weapons. Despite their looks, her hands aren't flesh and blood. Instead, they're cybernetic, and her fingernails are actually retractable claws.

The side room is the gateway to Aki's apartment, the front room of which doubles as her office.

Re: Aki Nakamura, superhero receptionist & more

Here's Aki's sheet

[b]Aki Nakamura - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
13    STR     3   13      12-       HTH Damage 2 1/2d6  END [3]
18    DEX     24   18      13-       OCV 6 DCV 6
17    CON     14   17      12-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 12-
14    EGO     8   14      12-       ECV: 5
15    PRE     5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
16    COM     3   16      12-
8    PD      5   8             8 PD (0 rPD)
8    ED      5   8             8 ED (0 rED)
4    SPD     12   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
6    REC     0   6
38    END     2   38
30    STUN    2   30
7    RUN      0   7"                END [2]
3    SWIM     0   3"                END [2]
6    LEAP     0   5 1/2"                5 1/2" forward, 2 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 92[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
37     [b][i]Ninja Weapons And Gadgets[/i][/b]: VPP, 30 base + 7 control cost,  (45 Active Points); VPP Can Only Be Changed In Her Quarters (-1/2), Limited Class Of Powers Available ninja gear (-1/2) [Notes: This represents the gear that Aki keeps on her person.] - END=
0     1) [b][i]retractable claws[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Semi-Armor Piercing (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (26 Active Points) Real Cost: 26 - END=3
18     [b][i]Ninja-to And Saya[/i][/b]: Multipower, 37-point reserve,  (37 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1) [Notes: Aki keeps her sword in her quarters.] - END=
1u     1)  [b][i]Blade[/i][/b]: HKA 1 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 15 (-3/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) - END=0
1u     2)  [b][i]Hilt/Saya As Club[/i][/b]: HA +2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), STR Minimum 15 (-3/4), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4) - END=0
1u     3)  [b][i]Blinding Powder In Saya[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash 2d6 (10 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2) - END=[1]
1u     4)  [b][i]Sageo As Strangling Garrotte[/i][/b]: HA +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), STR Minimum 4 (-1/4), Must Follow A Successful Grab Maneuver (-1/4) - END=0
1u     5)  [b][i]Saya As Breathing Tube (Takezutso)[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Expanded Breathing: Underwater) (5 Active Points); Only Works Close To The Surface (-1), OAF (-1) - END=0
1u     6)  [b][i]Saya And Sageo As Climbing Platform[/i][/b]: +1 with Climbing Skill (5 Active Points); OAF (-1) - END=
20     [b][i]Deflecting And Dodging[/i][/b]: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) - END=0
3     [b][i]Strong Leaper[/i][/b]: Leaping +3" (5 1/2" forward, 2 1/2" upward) - END=1
2     [b][i]Strong Runner[/i][/b]: Running +1" (7" total) - END=1
1     [b][i]Strong Swimmer[/i][/b]: Swimming +1" (3" total) - END=1

[b]POWERS Cost: 87[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Martial Arts: Ninjutsu
4      1)  Atemi Punch:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
4      2)  Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      3)  Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
5      4)  Kick:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 6 1/2d6 Strike
4      5)  Knife Hand:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1
4      6)  Punch:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 4 1/2d6 Strike
3      7)  Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 2 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
1      8)  Weapon Element:  One Weapon Type (GM's choice)
1      9)  Weapon Element:  One Weapon Type (GM's choice)

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 30[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
8      +1 with All Combat
2      +1 OCV with Ninja-to

3      Acrobatics 13-
3      Ukemi: Breakfall 13-
3      Climbing 13-
3      Intonjutsu: Concealment 12-
3      Conversation 12-
3      High Society 12-
3      KS: Ninjutsu 12-
6      KS: secretary 15-
5      KS: receptionist 14-
0      Language:  English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
4      Language:  Japanese (completely fluent; literate)
3      Persuasion 12-
3      SS:  Pharmacology/Toxicology 12-
5      Seduction 13-
5      Shinobi-iri: Stealth 14-
9      WF:  Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Blowguns, Fukimi-Bari, Garrote

[b]SKILLS Cost: 71[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
3      Access superhero team base
4      Fringe Benefit:  Concealed Weapon Permit (where appropriate), International Driver's License, Passport

[b]PERKS Cost: 7[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3      Lightsleep
5      Eidetic Memory
3      Lightning Calculator

[b]TALENTS Cost: 11[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Style Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses, Detectable by Large Group
15     Hunted:  own ninja clan 11- (Frequently), More Powerful, NCI, Watching
20     Hunted:  enemies of her employers 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Harshly Punish
20     Psychological Limitation:  code vs unnecessary killing (Common, Total)
25     Psychological Limitation:  Loyal To Employer Very Common, Total
15     Reputation:  lethal Japanese assassin, Frequently (11-), Extreme
5     Rivalry:  with other ninja clans Professional (; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 110[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 67
Exp Unspent: 67
Total Character Cost: 298

Re: Aki Nakamura, superhero receptionist & more

Aki's sister, Mariko, and Mary Anders took an oath of blood sisterhood when they were 5 years old.

Both are A/V and electronics experts. Mariko is the team's technical manager while Mary is the technical manager for the Williams Planetarium, which is owned by the local university.

Mary is Panther on the campaign's version of the American Gladiators revival while Mariko heads the Panther Cubs, her, more-or-less, official fan club. Additionally, both women race cars for fun.