escape from hudson city

bubba smith

i think i figured out a storyline plot as to why there are no super-heroes in hudson city, its the counterpoint to vibora bay florida .

the inherent mystic energies in theVB area draw super powered beings there while hudson is the equal and opposite reaction with NO high power supers but gadgetteers and martial artists

does that sound like it'd work mr long?

Re: escape from hudson city

I was thinking that the heroes have decided not to go to Gotham/Hudson City, for fear of what might happen.

I also like the idea that something in Hudson City is not just repelling powered people (I get the feeling that any PCs who got "repelled" will move heaven and earth until they darn well get there).

I also like the idea of people being somehow de-powered when entering the Dark Champions city, so they become Pulp versions of themselves. SuperMegaCosmic Woman can no longer tow planets from star to star, but can merely leap tall buildings, etc.

For a campaign actually set in Hudson City, yeah, I think the idea that something is keeping the Supers out would be rather cool. Especially as it could add to the "Nobody's coming to help - it's up to us!" vibe.