Cops & Soldiers in HERO

Ken Solo

I've looked around and I cannot find what I need so I turn to the HERO boards.

I want a writeup for a typical police patrolman. I have seen various writups for policeman characters, but each was customized in some way for an interesting character. Which is fine, but I still do not have a baseline to work from.

Is there a HERO on the boards who is a cop, or knows one well? (I have a cousin who is a cop in Detroit, but we rarely see each other)

What will a REAL WORLD cop look like in HERO stats? All apropiate skills, and especially equipment. Cops carry a lot of stuff these days other than a gun, handcuffs and a nightstick.

What about the car? What is in there, and what will it's stats look like?

I have a feeling that two patrol officers in a cruiser encountering a lower level supervillian are not so easily written off.

FOr that matter, how likely is a cruiser to have two officers? I see lots of cop cars with only one cop.

In a similar vein, I'd like to see a TYPICAL Army Infantryman, freshly assigned to the field and in full equipment load. What are The Things They Carry?

Dont forget stuff that may not have a HERO System power. Do soldiers still pack rations, or is support prevelent enough to not need that?

Lots' of hardware is listed in the Rule book and Dark Champions and the Ultimate Vehicle etc. but I need men to use it.

can someone knowledgeable in such things write and post a Typical Street Cop and a Typical Army Infantryman?

Thanks so much for the help!

Re: Cops & Soldiers in HERO

I've looked around and I cannot find what I need so I turn to the HERO boards...

I want a writeup for a typical police patrolman. can someone knowledgeable in such things write and post a Typical Street Cop and a Typical Army Infantryman?

Dark Champions: Predators has writeups for genric cops on p220 and generic soldiers on p223 as well as thugs, spies, terrorists, etc...