Mental Awareness as Targeting Sense

Chaosliege

Question

I have an Egoist that has Mental Awareness with the adders Discriminitory, Analize, 360 Deg, and Targeting Sense for 30 points. Does this allow my egoist to target anyone, or just other egoists? Also, does it allow me to target someone without having direct line-of-sight.

ex. ( Mindwave is on the other side of a wall from the guy he want's to use his attack on. Can he attack normally?)

If this is the way it works, what would be the the distance he could "see" with his Mentall Awareness?

If this is not he way it works, can I buy Spacial Awareness linked to Mentall awareness to get the effect I'm after?

I know this is about 5 questions in one, but I searched the FAQ and the other posts and didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks

Randy

1 answer to this question

Mental Awareness allows a character to perceive the user of a Mental Power. By adding Targeting, it allows you to use Mental Awareness as a Targeting Sense against characters using Mental Powers. That's all.

What you probably want is Spatial Awareness, with various Sense Modifiers, defined as belonging to the Mental Sense Group.

As with any other Ranged Sense, Mental Awareness has a "Range" limited by the Range Modifier. Eventually the Range Mod becomes so high the character has no chance of successfully perceiving (save by rolling a 3), and the GM invokes common sense to say, "OK, you can't perceive beyond this point, period." There's a Rules FAQ question on Sight that discusses this further.