Increasing NCM for Racial Packages

jwpacker

Question

Steve--

I've searched and searched without success, so I hope this hasn't been beaten to death in some deeply buried thread...

I know from the FAQ that simply applying an increased characteristic as part of a racial package does NOT automatically increase the NCM for that characteristic.

My question is how best to do that, if I wanted in my game to have a racial package that included, say "+5 STR, Max Raised to 25" - how much should that cost?

My guess is not a great deal, as the whole NCM disadvantage in Superheroic games is only worth 20...

1 answer to this question

Re: Increasing NCM for Racial Packages

You have to prepay for the Characteristic in advance to "cover" the cost of doubling. For example, if you want to increase the doubling point for STR to 25, it would cost 5 Character Points, since raising STR from 20 to 25 would cost 10 points with NCM doubling. The 5 points in the Package Deal "pays for" half the cost, so that the character only has to pays 5 points more to buy his way up to 25.

But of course, if he doesn't buy it up to 25, some or all of those 5 points are totally wasted.