Lucky Dan

VorpalAuroch

I'm building a character named "Lucky Dan," who is appropriately lucky at everything he tries. I have his combat powers down (a field that drains the luck from his opponents and gives it to him using Negative Skill Levels), but the skills part is a bit more tricky. How do I buy him the ability to have a decent chance to succeed at any skill, even if he hasn't ever tried it before? I thought of just buying a few skills and then some general skill levels, but that feels more like he's using his luck to augment skill he already had, rather than the "I'd rather be lucky than good" feel I'm going for.

Re: Lucky Dan

You may wish to look here. I don't know whether this is one of Killer Shrike's or Hyper-Man's' date=' but it's doggone good.[/quote']

Its my build for Dan Simon's character from my Millennial Men campaign.

http://killershrike.com/MillennialMen/MillennialMen_Allies_Blackjack.aspx

Re: Lucky Dan

I played in a campaign with a very lucky character. Had TK with the limitation "Character doesn't control". It was a -0 Limitation because the player had control, and roleplayed the character not deciding on the effect. Lots of fun, and the TK covered most of what the "luck" did.

A bunch of Luck dice, some Missile Deflection, and bit & bobs, and there's the character. :D