Teboran Jedi

beastialwarlust

It would appear that the main thing that makes these special is the "anchors": instead of having the various Disadvantages associated with being a Jedi (possibly Jedi Code, maybe some form of Susceptibility to "Evil Acts" that turns the Jedi to the Dark Side, or what have you), he has three or four DNPC's. If these were killed or otherwise removed, the points would immediately devolve to something appropriate: possibly a greater tendency toward darkness, or other problems, depending on exact circumstances.

Otherwise, they appear to be Jedi, however you perceive them to be.

From what I gleaned with a read through of the material, is that this gaming group wanted a way to play with dark jedi powers, but not be "Dark".

The Force is a simple, yet profound analogy to shamanism. Something I have studied and practiced for many years. So when it is said that the dark side is quick and seduective, it's based on real world truths held by mystics from all cultures. Their must be a moral code of somekind involed in wielding such powers. Even the Sith had one, though it was defineatley an evil one. They held to it, and followed it. The force is a quasi-mystical essence. To remove the mysticism from it, renders it a sterile (to the mind/story) power.

Being able to wield dark side force powers, simply because you are protecting your anchors, or just simpley having loving thoughts of them is silly. Does it really matter to the Force is you Force kill someone because they were threatening you, or your wife, or that Twilek you saw last week? Not in my book. Evil done is evil staining your soul. Atonement and remorse are the ways I see Jedi being able to return and defend against the Dark Side. Not having a mommy, a lover, and that really nice apple tree you played in as a kid. :P

Sorry for the rant, but while it was interesting, and the site had some great material, the Teboran stuff screamed munchkin to me.

Originally posted by RadeFox

heehee, I like that ide beastialwarlust! Too funny, and very much a sneaky darkside trick! *gets all kinds of ideas*

:cool:

There's nothing more satisfying than building up a players hopes and dreams and then smashing them right in front of them.

MUAHAHAHAHA!!! *cough* *cough* MAUAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH!!!!

:D

Especially if the player never questions WHY he gets to use such powers like Choke, Kill, and Force Lightening, and never really seems to suffer for it.

Some actions (or lack of consequences) should raise red flags in a players mind, especially if the are really into Star Wars. Having your nice Anchor Master tell you, "Excellent job killing that homeless mother, and using Dominate Mind to sell off the children, AND make the slavers pay you twice their worth. Most excellent indeed! Your Anchors are nice an secure, feel them? YOu are not lost to the dark! You have learned well my pupil." :D "Muwahaahaaa" ..."ahem, now you must go free that kitten from the tree to even things out." *snickers behind black face mask*