Charges, Clips and Reloading

jwpacker

If you purchase a power with charges, you can get more charges for slightly less limitation (or more advantage) by using clips. The text states that reloading "takes a Full Phase for a character," or perhaps longer if you choose more of a limitation.

The typical understanding is that you're using this much like a conventional firearm, ejecting the current magazine and slotting a new one, or dumping the shells from your revolver and putting in six more, or opening the breach on the howitzer, the spent shell comes out and a new shell goes in.

What if, on the other hand, the effect you're after is more like the autoloader on a tank's main gun (at least those in many cold war era Soviet tanks), where you don't actually have to *do* anything, and can be occupied at other tasks, like finding the next target, or driving the tank, and the next round is chambered over a short period of time?

Ideally, what I'm after is a rocket launcher built into power armor. I want to have about eight rockets in the darned thing, but I want there to be a brief pause, during which the character can do other things, while the next rocket is ratcheted into place.

Do I buy that as "8 Charges" and be happy with my -1/2 limitation; as "8 Clips of 1 Charge, 1 Turn Reload time" for the very happy -1 1/2 limitation, or is there a happy medium I'm missing?