Sunlight Spell

Mindscape

Need a little help with a spell for my mage in a fantasy game. The group recently ran into a group of vampires, by the time we realized this however leaving wasn't really an option. We managed our escape thanks to quick thinking and a lot of lies. Basically my mage claimed to have a spell that created real sunlight which naturally would make the vampires go poof. As we escaped they promised to hunt my mage to the ends of the earth, so I think actually having this spell might be a big help in the near future.

So, what do you all think this spell would be build like? Transform, change environment, rka, or something?

Thanks in advance for an help.

Re: Sunlight Spell

I'd say a limited change environment would do it. If, on the other hand, it's a one off 'blast' of sunlight you could build it as an optical Flash which has sunlight as its special effect or has the +1/4 Custom Advantage 'Natural Sunlight'. I suppose you could do something similar with Images

Re: Sunlight Spell

"Sunlight" is just a SFX. Mechanically speaking, the Vampires should have either a susceptibility or vulnerability to sunlight (or both). You need to know how that is defined, and then just make a power that triggers / exploits it. If that's not an option, just make a really lethal RKA and slap a "Only vs. Vampires" Limitation on it to make it very affordable.

As far as effects are concerned, there are a lot of Undead hate spells to be found here and there under various Vancian Spell categories (hint: look under NECROMANCY and CLERICAL for the biggest crop).

In particular, the Light Domain has a lot of anti-Undead effects.