Multipower Slots Sharing Charges

Armitage

Question

Supposing the following Multipower:

Generic Undefined Multipower: Multipower, 100-point reserve, all slots 12 Charges (+0)

u 1) 60 Active Point Power, 6 Charges (-3/4)

u 2) 60 Active Point Power, 6 Charges (-3/4)

u 3) 60 Active Point Power, 4 Charges (-1)

u 4) 60 Active Point Power, 4 Charges (-1)

u 5) 100 Active Point Power, 2 Charges (-1 1/2)

u 6) 100 Active Point Power, 2 Charges (-1 1/2)

The Charges Limitation on the Multipower itself is set to +0, as noted in the FAQ, to avoid double dipping.

The question is, what would the Limitation be if slots 1 and 2 share the same 6 Charges? Both powers together can only be used a total of 6 times.

Likewise,slots 3 and 4 share the same 4 Charges, and slots 5 and 6 share the same 2 Charges.

Looking at the Multiple-Use Charges section of your Heroglyphs article in Digital Hero #16, would I give each slot half the number of Charges I have listed above and reduce the value of the Limitations by -1/4 to reflect their increased utility?

And I guess that if that were the case, the 12 Charges (+0) would then be redundant, since there would only be 12 Charges in the Multipower anyway. :D

1 answer to this question

Re: Multipower Slots Sharing Charges

Requires Multiple Charges (5ER 287) really isn't the thing here, since we're not talking about one slot using more than 1 Charge from a common pool. I'd say you should just adapt the rule for putting Charges on a Multipower as a whole instead of on the individual slots. Instead of putting a "pool" of Charges on the entire Multipower, put a separate "pool" on each group of two slots that you describe, with the Limitation's value applying only to the cheaper of the two slots. This is such an uncommon situation that I'd imagine you're safe to "wing it" rather than worrying about a hard-and-fast rule. ;)