Involuntarily Size/Density Change and Size/Density Powers

ideasmith

Question

According to pages 146, 183, 218, the powers Density Increase, Growth, and Shrinking can only be used by characters able to alter their size &/or density. This raises some questions.

1. Does a character have to be able to alter size/density voluntarily to take these powers?

more specifically:

2. Is applying No Conscious Control to these powers allowed?

3. If the special effects of the power make Dispelling/Draining/Suppressing/Transferring these powers appropriate, can you apply Always On to these powers?

1 answer to this question

Re: Involuntarily Size/Density Change and Size/Density Powers

I'm not entirely sure I understand the thrust of the question. The text you're referring to is to explain that characters who are always large/small/heavy shouldn't use those Powers; they should be the relevant abilities with the appropriate special effects (the Size Templates in the Appendix cover this). So, those Power shouldn't be bought Always On. Nothing about that would prevent a character from buying one of them with No Conscious Control, if for some reason he has no control over his size.

If that doesn't answer your question, please post a follow-up and I'll try again. ;)