Follow Up: Re: Involuntarily Size/Density Change and Size/Density Powers

ideasmith

Question

I'm not entirely sure I understand the thrust of the question. The text you're referring to is to explain that characters who are always large/small/heavy shouldn't use those Powers; they should be the relevant abilities with the appropriate special effects (the Size Templates in the Appendix cover this). So, those Power shouldn't be bought Always On. Nothing about that would prevent a character from buying one of them with No Conscious Control, if for some reason he has no control over his size.

If that doesn't answer your question, please post a follow-up and I'll try again. ;)

My question was about characters whose size/density changes, but can't be changed by the character. That is, characters whose size changes randomly (hence my question 2) or under some third parties control (hence my question 3).

The procedure for always-the-same-size/density characters won't work for these cases, since it makes the bookkeeping for the size/density changes prohibitive. I am attempting to find out whether Density Increase/Growth/Shrinking can be used in such cases.

1 answer to this question

Re: Follow Up: Re: Involuntarily Size/Density Change and Size/Density Powers

Well, as I said, No Conscious Control is certainly a valid Limitation for Size Powers and DI.

As for other characters controlling it, I assume you're not talking about the case of someone having a Density Increase Usable As Attack; that sort of thing's covered in the rulebook. If you mean something broader than that, you'd have to put some sort of Limit on the Power, or take a Physical Limitation, reflecting how it all works.

I'd suggest posting a detailed description of your character and what you want to do on the Discussion board; you'll get plenty of useful feedback. ;)