Summon Power Question.

Ragdoll

Question

Hi. I was just reading the description of Summon, and I'm not sure I understand the point of the number of tasks thing.

Are tasks now a natural part of the power? That is you can only use a summoned being a few times before it goes away, or what?

I noticed if the being is Slavish it can do EGO/1 tasks. Once it's done that number it then poofs, or can the summoner just keep around an slavish summon indefinitely.

I have the idea of making a paranormal that can cause a spark of life to occur in anything she touches, making any sort of creature she can dream up possible. If she has an EGO of 10, does that mean the creature she creates as slavishly loyal can attack 10 times then it poofs? Or at the 10th attack can she just choose to keep it around or does she have to go and create another creature again?

1 answer to this question

Re: Summon Power Question.

Yes, the tasks are a natural part of the Power. Once a Summoned being finishes its tasks there's another EGO Roll Contest to see if the Summoner can maintain control, as indicated in the rules. In the case of Amicable beings, the GM has to decide how he wants to handle things, but the point is that a character can't Summon something and keep it forever -- there has to be some sort of practical limit.