Familiar Convertibles

casualplayer

This is the teasersheet of the FTF game I'm about to run. If I was pitching it as a screenplay I would say it's Harry Potter and the Iron Giant. At military school.

Familiar Convertibles

Strictly speaking, no one applies to Wollstonecraft Academy. One day an emissary in immaculate uniform and with impeccable bearing arrives and informs you that you are expected to attend, presents you with travel orders and leaves you to say farewell and chose 20 kilos for the trip. If it seems arrogant that they leave before hearing your response it is only because no one has ever refused.

Acceptance is an unparalleled education with Trustee-level access to the Repository. It is instant renown and respect, membership in a military tradition measured in victories and centuries. It is automatic Supracitizen status for yourselves and caste reconsideration for your immediate family. And you get the chance to try to tame a Mechafauna.

Every graduate of the Academy is skilled enough to assume the captain’s chair in practically any vessel: terrestrial, system or transverse. But a rare few, the elite amongst the cadre, get to ride the epitome of engineering, a sentient, symbiotic fighter craft, the Mechafauna. A mass of synthesinew encased in ferro-pace armor paired with intelligence comparable to a chimpanzee or a dog or a mustang and fully equipped with Kirlian weaponry a single pride overmatches a Ganesha-class warship by itself. Pilot reactive and emulative, a bonded Mechafauna will metamorph from solely its original form to having a humanoid form as well, readily switching forms to suit the situation.

You have been selected to go to Wollstonecraft Academy and earn your spurs but are you man enough to Take the Reins?

Re: Familiar Convertibles

I'll be getting together with the players this weekend, and seeing some of them tonight. I tend to like to tweak my world to let the players play (mostly) what they want to play so I will have more details after that brainstorming session.

We still haven't settled on which system just yet because I eat and sleep HERO while another member of the group is a fervent GURPSie. I have to let the players know in non-system specific terms just what they can and can't do, and I'll shoot that email out to them tomorrow night.

I'll be getting together with the players this weekend, and seeing some of them tonight. I tend to like to tweak my world to let the players play (mostly) what they want to play so I will have more details after that brainstorming session.

We still haven't settled on which system just yet because I eat and sleep HERO while another member of the group is a fervent GURPSie. I have to let the players know in non-system specific terms just what they can and can't do, and I'll shoot that email out to them tomorrow night.

GURPS 3rd ed or 4th ed? I played GURPS pretty extensively for 10+ years, but then my new gaming group only knew Hero and D&D, so I started running Hero.

Never have gotten to play a game of Hero, though. Been 5 years now, I ought to sit on the other side of the screen one of these days...

GURPS 3rd ed or 4th ed? I played GURPS pretty extensively for 10+ years, but then my new gaming group only knew Hero and D&D, so I started running Hero.

Never have gotten to play a game of Hero, though. Been 5 years now, I ought to sit on the other side of the screen one of these days...

4th. If we go that direction, I'm going to have to bone up. I have an old 1st ed. copy in a box somewhere that I haven't used in ages.

4th. If we go that direction' date=' I'm going to have to bone up. I have an old 1st ed. copy in a box somewhere that I haven't used in ages.[/quote']

I loved 3rd ed. GURPS, lots of great times with that system, but I haven't tried 4th ed yet. The books are pretty, though.