End: Should he go the way of Com?

Alibear

Re: End: Should he go the way of Com?

I made a slight edit for the Burning Stun (1d6/10 AP) to match Pushing.

I think it'd be an interesting system to use that is a bit faster (removes book keeping) and may even let combats run longer ("more heroicly") assuming you go past 1-2 Turns.

I've run a game without END; you burnt 1d6 or 2d6 stun to push for 5 or 10. It worked fine, and made things like force field actually a viable build. I didn't even have any problems with autofire. It does mean you can't have characters running out of steam and having to take a breather even when they aren't being hit, and it means someone who wakes up from unconsciousness is instantly able to use powers at full, but neither problem is crippling.

My goal with an end change would be to remove as many accounting "attacks" as possible.

By accounting attack i mean basic resource management that merely serves as paperwork.

having to mkark off end every phase for every action is a waste of time IMO **IF** it only serves that role. If you have a character who has "manageable end costs" so that you almost awlways have some end to use and only rarely if ever have to worry about end usage - then you have spent a lot of tracking to no real gain.

This can be served a lot less effort -

want to be able to push heroically in some circumstances? Provide a rule that says "i can gain extra effect but doing so causes fatigue" and define some minor effect from fatigue. "lose 1dc or 5 ap for every fatigue" until you take a recovery or some such.

Want an attack that "takes a lot of effort"? again have your character accumulate fatigue.

Now, if you do this you will likely find fewer "takes a lot of effort" powers because frankly as many as not the "take a lot of end" is merely an accoubnting trick - he will never run out of end anyway but i can save a few points if it means i mark off 10 end instead of 5 end.

So i would replace the various "takes effort" with an ACTUAL penalty for exertion instead of "silly accounting tricks."