6th Edition -> Find Weakness Upgrade Path?

Killer Shrike

Question

Hi, I've been perusing the 6e pdfs as I have time. Good stuff! However I haven't yet found any discussion or guidance on an upgrade path for Find Weakness.

The aspect of FW that was rooted in character concepts for me was the idea of a character that has weaker attacks from a raw power perspective, but given a little time and opportunity can take down even the toughest of foes. This lent a kind of "wildcard" / "monkeywrencher" aspect to such characters.

As I get ready to convert some characters, some of whom have FW, I'm somewhat at a loss for what to purchase in its place that is roughly comparable in 6e terms.

From a rules perspective, what conversion approach would you recommended or suggest for transitioning 5e characters with FW to the 6th Edition?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for producing these awesome looking new rulebooks. I'm really enjoying going thru them!

1 answer to this question

Re: 6th Edition -> Find Weakness Upgrade Path?

There is no suggested "upgrade path" in 6E per se. However, the APG will have an optional rule for allowing multiple uses of Armor Piercing that could be used to create roughly the same effect.

My suggestion, though, would be to spend the points on something else, like a nice jetpack or that enchanted sword you've had your eye on for awhile now. ;)

(Note: all accusations that I am somehow in the pay of the Enchanted Sword Manufacturers' Guild are vehemently denied. Vehemently! :eek: )